We are not shy about what the team has accomplished in 2019. Here are some of the highlight of the year:
- We launched a partnership with Aconity 3D with whom we have built the first dual-metal L-PBF printer in the world. This system will become commercially available in 2020.
- We launched a research project with the company LASEA. The goal of this 2 years research project is to develop a hybrid process combining laser melting with in situ laser ablation. This close to 1 million Euros project is supported by the Walloon Government.
- We launched a research project with the German SME Vectoflow and with the German research center Fraunhofer IGCV. Supported by a Eurostars grant (European research funding), the aim is to lay the groundwork for producing “smart” fluid flow probes in optimized geometries by additive manufacturing (AM).
- We launched a research project with Solvay. The aim is to develop an economically viable SLS 3D printing process for specialty polymers (or high-performance polymers).
- We partnered with Infratrac, a US-based company that has developed a chemical security tagging solution for Additive Manufacturing. The partnership aims at identifying industrial companies in need of such a high-security solution which could be applied using Aerosint’s technology.
- Aerosint Wins The 2019 Startup Award From 3D Printing Industry!
- Lionel Bolkaert and Martin Marchal joined the team which grew from 7 to 9 people.
- We had an amazing time at Formnext where were demonstrated the various use cases that are unlocked by Selective Powder Deposition.
… and with so much more in the pipeline we have no doubts 2020 is going to be an even more successful year for us!